Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: A "must have" item...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: A "must have" item...

    I think you may have hit it, Steve....

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: A "must have" item...

    Don't you guys understand this is a guy who did what he could to get the wife acceptance factor he needed to live with his altecs in the house?
    My impression was that somebody was just having a really good "flashback".
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member wws944's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2008
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A "must have" item...

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mac View Post
    Don't you guys understand this is a guy who did what he could to get the wife acceptance factor he needed to live with his altecs in the house?
    Although my wife would hate those speakers, especially the cool 1803 horns, I think she would hate those 'country style' covers even more. (To say nothing of the disgusting 'skeleton' statue standing next to it...)

    I guess A7s are one of those things a guy has to buy *before* he gets married...
    W.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A "must have" item...

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mac View Post
    Don't you guys understand this is a guy who did what he could to get the wife acceptance factor he needed to live with his altecs in the house?
    I can't decide which is worse, living in the same house with that fabric, or with a woman that liked it...
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: A "must have" item...

    Almost ashamed to admit that I live in Portland!
    But those aren't mine!
    Theatre gray baby!

    Ron

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A "must have" item...

    Likely another victim of 'Design on a Dime' or similar another HGTV/Style Network etc. offering.

    They have a great self fulfilling racket going on with that programming.

    A) Find someone who wants a 'Tuscan kitchen' or 'Japanese themed' bedroom etc.
    B) Send crazy design team in to theme the room with lots of weird fabrics, paints, chotchke stuff.
    C) Wait for the people to be unable to sell the house, then go back with the 'we're staging everything in neutrals to sell the house quick' team.
    D) repeat...

    hah!

    Of course, it works. I wouldn't know if I didn't watch..!
    But I am wising up. ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.